Get lost in the beautiful old town of Hoi An. The night crowd is packed and the city is full of religious sites and good food. Bicycles are the best mode of transportation around the area, with everything you could want to see within less than 10 km and bikes free with most hostels.
- Stay at Halo Homestay, the host family is amazing. They continued to allow us to use bicycles and shower even after we checked out, provided a wonderful traditional Vietnamese breakfast, great recommendations/maps, and was very centrally located
- Old city is worth the two dollar entry fee, you get access to 5 historic sites and all the nightlife
- The massage parlors will try to overcharge you, offer half the price they ask and walk away, they will meet your offer
- Go to An Bang beach, its gorgeous and mostly empty
- See a water puppet show, they are very impressive and culturally significant
- Eat cao lau (pork/udon dish), white rose (shrimp dumplings), and drink Vietnamese white coffee
- Good restaurants include Corner Corner Bar, and Cocobox Coffee Roastery. Be sure to eat at the street vendors and get a Thai pancake